Textbox template

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

KevinR
Got the auto-title mojo working

Textbox template

Post by KevinR »

Hello

I like the new Mellel 4 so far. I have a question.

I want to generate pages in the Cornell note-taking format. For this, textboxes work great! A narrow box on the left, a wide box on the right, and a box spanning the page at the bottom.

But, I want every page to be like this, in multipage documents. How can I set up a template that generates infinite pages in a document, as needed? And is there any chance that textboxes will ever run-over automatically onto the next page? That would be wonderful!

(PS, I thought Tables might work for this, but I couldn't figure out how to set up the Tables in the needed way.)

Thanks for any advice
Kevin
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Textbox template

Post by Icelander »

KevinR wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:11 pm I want to generate pages in the Cornell note-taking format. […] How can I set up a template that generates infinite pages in a document, as needed? […] I thought Tables might work for this, but I couldn't figure out how to set up the Tables in the needed way.)

Hello Kevin,

Here is a template I made for you:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m8f06f5hh ... meltem.zip

Create a table with 2 columns and 3 rows. Insert two empty lines after the table. Write "Summary:", hit return and create another table with 1 row and 1 column.
You use the Tab key to move inside the first table and *automatically* create new rows when you need them. This will give you infinite number of pages, and the summary will always be put at the end.
KevinR
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by KevinR »

How incredibly kind! Thanks very much!
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Icelander »

KevinR wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:08 pm How incredibly kind! Thanks very much!
You are most welcome.