Keystroke for citation insertion Bookends-Mellel

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Chris Price
Got the auto-title mojo working

Keystroke for citation insertion Bookends-Mellel

Post by Chris Price »

I'm working in Mellel. I hop over to Bookends using CMD+Y and select a source in my Library. What, then, is the keystroke combination which will open up an Insert Citation dialog box to select various options before sending the reference to Mellel? Some kind soul told me this two months ago, but I've forgotten it. Any help gratefully received.
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Keystroke for citation insertion Bookends-Mellel

Post by nicka »

CMD+CTRL+Y
Chris Price

Post by Chris Price »

THANK YOU!!!
Chris Price

Post by Chris Price »

Hi, everyone.

I have to appeal once again for help with this thread: the keystroke CMD+CTRL+Y (to open up the Insert Citation dialog box to select various options before sending the reference to Mellel) works, but hitting OK no longer seems to deliver the citation into the Mellel document. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
laup
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by laup »

Try the other forum so more smart people see it. I suspect that you have the same problem I have had from time to time, and have again today after updating to Mellel 5 and the most recent Bookends. It involves a failure of proper communication at the level of Apple Events.

But perhaps it's something else. So, try mousing where you want the citation, shifting to Bookends, selecting a reference, and using CTRL to see a menu of actions. This includes "Copy citation," but also options such as you're looking for. If this doesn't work, then you have the problem above, I think.
Paul