Find Action: Fix no period in footnote text and space before footnote reference

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

JanL
New to all this

Find Action: Fix no period in footnote text and space before footnote reference

Post by JanL »

Hi,

I am trying to set up a FindSet to catch common mistakes (cf. https://www.mellel.com/blog/mellel-feat ... ious-work/). These include the lack of period at the end of a footnote text and a space between a period or other punctuation mark and the footnote reference.

For the missing period in footnotes, I have set up a find action that highlights the last character in a footnote text that is not a period, but I don't seem able to set up a find action that inserts a period without placing it on a new row. The search pattern is (without spaces): [negate period] Word Boundary Text End Whitespace ([^.]\b\p\s) and search in Footnotes. Does anyone have a suggestion how to improve the search pattern or the replace pattern to insert a period at the end of a footnote text without placing the period on a new row?

I have not been able to set up a find action that locates a space between a punctuation mark [.,;:?!] and a footnote reference and removes that space. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, does anyone have a suggestion for a find and replace pattern?

Thanks,
Jan