iPad Keyboard Shortcuts

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

JimmyMonkey
Got the styles thing figured out

iPad Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by JimmyMonkey »

Hello, as far as I can tell, some of the system wide iOS keyboard shortcuts (iPad 3rd Gen and iOS 12.1.1) are not available on Mellel, but are available on Pages, Notes, Scrivener, etc.

Just a couple of examples:
(1) Holding Command while in the App doesn’t bring up a list of keyboard shortcuts.
(2) Command + [arrow] doesn’t take you directly to the end of the line.
(3) Command + [shift] + arrow doesn’t highlight whole line.

It seems there’s a restriction to only using [option] + [arrow] to move one word at a time, and [option] + [shift] + [arrow] to highlight one word at a time.

(Note I’m coming at this as someone who’s trying to make a shift to iPad Pro for most work, and my set up with an external keyboard and stand for my iPad makes this fabulous. But it’s shown me several ways the iPad is different from the Mac, even with Apple’s own products, despite Apple’s claims.)
macsailor
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: iPad Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by macsailor »

JimmyMonkey wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 pm Hello, as far as I can tell, some of the system wide iOS keyboard shortcuts (iPad 3rd Gen and iOS 12.1.1) are not available on Mellel, but are available on Pages, Notes, Scrivener, etc.

Just a couple of examples:
(1) Holding Command while in the App doesn’t bring up a list of keyboard shortcuts.

Tested this on my wife's iPad (5th Gen latest iOS version) and got surprised Mellel didn't bring up a list of keyboard shortcuts.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.