After editing note attributes, unnecessary scrolling to the beginning of a document

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

After editing note attributes, unnecessary scrolling to the beginning of a document

Post by Icelander »

Let's say, I'm somewhere in the middle of a Mellel document when I open the note attributes pane in order to check/change some note formatting attributes (Insert –> Note –> Edit note attributes.) When I click on the OK button to close the pane, Mellel always scrolls to the beginning of the document for no obvious reason. I want to go on with my work from where I left off. Why should I want to be catapulted to the beginning of the document, just in order to manually scroll back to the location where I left. This really is a pain in the butt.

How many Mellel users would like this to be fixed?
rwg

Re: After editing note attributes, unnecessary scrolling to the beginning of a document

Post by rwg »

I agree, this is very annoying, and it would be good to get it fixed.
Icelander

Re: After editing note attributes, unnecessary scrolling to the beginning of a document

Post by Icelander »

Thank you for your vote, rwg.
Anyone else here want to vote for a fix?
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

Icelander wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:07 pm Let's say, I'm somewhere in the middle of a Mellel document when I open the note attributes pane in order to check/change some note formatting attributes (Insert –> Note –> Edit note attributes.) When I click on the OK button to close the pane, Mellel always scrolls to the beginning of the document for no obvious reason. I want to go on with my work from where I left off. Why should I want to be catapulted to the beginning of the document, just in order to manually scroll back to the location where I left. This really is a pain in the butt.

How many Mellel users would like this to be fixed?
I haven't experienced this, but if this is the case after editing note attributes, I would very much like to have this bug/feature changed and make it work as Icelander suggests.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
shades

Post by shades »

I agree with this need
Rich
old, slow, and confused...but at least I’m inconsistent!

iMac 27" (10. 13. 8 ) and MBP 13" Retina (10. 13. 8 )
laup

Post by laup »

Yes, I had not noticed this. Most odd. Should be fixed.
Paul