Hyperlinks

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

515bonner
Got the styles thing figured out

Hyperlinks

Post by 515bonner »

There are times when I wish to copy and paste webpages into Mellel. Is there any way globally to eliminate Mellel from automatically importing the hyperlinks but just retaining them only as text? Or, after importing is there a way of globally removing the hyperlink and converting it to text without going to each individual link and changing it? If not, this seems like a request for something to be made available in future versions.

Rob
Rob Robinson
Bonner Springs KS, USA
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Hyperlinks

Post by Icelander »

Hi Rob,

Are you talking about text with hyperlinks you copied from a website? If yes, why don't you just paste the text as plain text into Mellel?
Or, after importing is there a way of globally removing the hyperlink and converting it to text without going to each individual link and changing it?
I don't think this is possible in Mellel. However, if the links are not too far apart, you could select the text passage in which they appear, cut and paste as plain text. This assumes the surrounding text isn't formatted because that formatting would get lost.

If the links are far apart, for example, two hyperlinks on page 4, one on page 12, another on page 32, and so forth, and the text in between is variously formatted, in that case I think you would need to search for each and ever link by entering the hyperlink icon in the Find Box, press Command+g to find the next occurrence, cut and paste as plain text; then repeat until all links have been changed.

If you have a large number of hyperlinks, I would use Nisus Writer Pro to display them as text. You can do this in one fell swoop with a macro:

• Find all hyperlinks [you have to enter the specific search criteria]
• Set Link ""

The command Set Link "" will change all hyperlinks to text.
515bonner
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by 515bonner »

I forgot about the Paste Special -> As Plain Text.
That will work for me.
Thanks for the quick reply and have a good weekend!

Rob
Rob Robinson
Bonner Springs KS, USA
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Icelander »

I'm glad I could help.
Nice weekend to you too and to the other very few Mellel members who are still reading the posts in this forum.