4.2 tables: missing option

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

4.2 tables: missing option

Post by jannuss »

Friends,

I'm enjoying discovering all the options in the new version 4.2 tables, but I'm missing one that's important to me: center the table on the page.

I've tried to use the text centering button on the menu bar, but tables ignores it.

Of course, I can center manually by clicking on the left-hand border to the table, but that is never perfect.

Am I missing something?

Janet
practik
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: 4.2 tables: missing option

Post by practik »

Hi Janet! Select your table and click on the pencil icon that appears at the bottom to bring up the Edit Table Attributes popover. The option you want is under the heading "Position." It's also at the top of the Attributes tab of the Table palette, just under the text direction button. And for a third option, you can also click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of that same tab and then click on "Center Table Horizontally."
jannuss

Post by jannuss »

Excellent!

But isn't it a bit weird that the center text button doesn't also center tables?
Cynops
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by Cynops »

That button centers the text in the cells of the table
jannuss

Post by jannuss »

Yes,that's correct
BUT
When you first select a table [click anywhere inside it], the entire table is selected, not any individual cell. At that point I would expect the center button to function on the entire table.

Janet