Can't move palettes

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

emcalister
New to all this

Can't move palettes

Post by emcalister »

I've searched for this topic and can't find one related to the issue I'm having (I did find a thread about moving palettes, but it didn't address the issue I was having). If it's been previously discussed, feel free to just point me to it. I was watching the video on Configuring Mellel - View Settings and read the guide section on Configuring the Palette Layout. From what I'm seeing, I can supposedly take a tab from a palette group and move it to another palette group or "outside any palette group tab rail to create a new palette group". Except it doesn't let me do that. I can easily move the palette group and can move a tab within a palette group, but that's it. The video is from August 2017, so was there a feature change made after the video?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

New user - grad student who got tired of MS Word and EndNote not cooperating.
Janivgm
New to all this

Re: Can't move palettes

Post by Janivgm »

I (using version 4.2.6) can still move a tab between groups, as well as create a new group, by dragging and dropping, so the feature definitely still exists.
Can you move a tab to a palette group via the three-horizontal-lines button on its top right corner?