Feature request: Draft View (no pagination indicators)

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Would you like a Draft View that shows an unbroken stream of text and notes, but no "page" indicators: i.e., just like Compact View but no headers/footers or page divider lines?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:00 pm

Dying for it
19%
Would use it
29%
I see the point but it's low priority
29%
Don't care at all
24%

Total votes: 21

Ralph
Got the styles thing figured out

Feature request: Draft View (no pagination indicators)

Post by Ralph »

A Draft View would show an unbroken stream of text and notes, but no "page" indicators: i.e., just like Compact View but no headers/footers or page divider lines.

MS Word used to call this "Galley View" (I think), and I used it most of the time. When I'm immersed in text-creation, I really don't need to be distracted by headers/footers and page lines.

Now that Mellel has Full Screen, this seems even more desirable. Why eliminate all the other UI distractions, yet continue to look at your own running header every "page"?

A poll is attached to this post.
nvalvo
Read the guide, knows everything

Post by nvalvo »

This could be usefully/awesomely conjoined with the extra outline abilities: the ability to rearrange, hoist, etc. at the level of the outline, moving text around structurally as it were.
Ralph
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Ralph »

nvalvo wrote:This could be usefully/awesomely conjoined with the extra outline abilities: the ability to rearrange, hoist, etc. at the level of the outline, moving text around structurally as it were.
I'm a big advocate of both "extra outline abilities" and this Draft View, and yet -- oddly -- I don't really see any special synergy between the two. What were you thinking of specifically?