making several headers into auto-titles

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

FA1
Knows everything, can prove it

making several headers into auto-titles

Post by FA1 »

This might have a broader use within Mellel, but I was thinking specifically about going from a document that you imported from Word that had been previously written in Mellel. If you have headings that are numbered in some way, I wonder if it's possible to have Mellel recognize them as potential auto-titles, then have a dialog box ask you if you want to use one of your auto-title setups. I don't know how feasible this would be, but thought I'd throw it out there.
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by rpcameron »

There has been a request for more option in the replace styles dialogue, however Word import options are always going to be minimal. For cross-platform exchange Mellel's strength has always been its RTF support. This is because all Word support is borrowed from the system itself. Mellel on OS X 10.2.x has no Word support, and Mellel on 10.4.x is better than Mellel on 10.3.x with Word; this is not because of something the Redlers did, but because the Word import/export engine is the same one that powers TextEdit. If TextEdit does not have the ability (with regard to Word docs), then Mellel will not either.
— Robert Cameron