67%
Nay
33%

Total votes: 18

Martin
New to all this

Feature request: Option to remove reverse paragraph icon

Post by Martin »

This really is a Nitty Gritty detail but since as stated in the Mellel tutorial "most users are unlikely to use this icon" how about providing a preference to toggle this icon on or off in the interest of removing extraneous elements from the interface?
aechallu
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by aechallu »

I voted yes, but the real solution is having a standard customizable toolbar.
Martin
New to all this

Post by Martin »

I agree, a toolbar where one could drag items in and out of at will would be ideal.
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Mart°n »

I haven’t voted still but I also would like to see a real “cocoa” toolbar where you could configure your “tools”. I don’t use any of the buttons residing on the left side of the Style Well (the tab well isn’t a button) as I work with styles or use the palettes to format my text.
Going back to the first version of Mellel (where Mellel 1.4 is the first version I know) those button made sense as there were no palettes at all (if I remember correctly). Today, of course the buttons are redundant. The only reason I could see keeping them (or the discussed reverse paragraph icon) is to highlight one strength of Mellel which is the RTL language support.

As a replacement, I would like to see buttons that “instead” of formatting options. For example:

• Fullscreen view
• Notes view (as such a feature may arise)
• A highlighter tool
• A shortcut to show the character palette of OS X (insert symbol)
• Insert Image (similar to the Table button)
• YouNameIt