92%

Total votes: 12

raymond
Knows everything, can prove it

Need in Mellel

Post by raymond »

I wish Mellel would have these capacities:
-Text and Graphics ( as Pages does )
- Hyperlinks (as AppleWorks and Word do)
- Is there a way to have the classification of Font menu view within
Mellel as well. ( as TextEdit does)

Raymond
Phil82

Re: Need in Mellel

Post by Phil82 »

Err... no. My experience with Pages has been that it's much more of a page layout tool than a word processor. I would dread for Mellel to be like Pages. If I wanted Pages, I would have bought Pages.
- Hyperlinks (as AppleWorks and Word do)
If you're talking about cross references, I agree. This is a must have, and it's slated to arrive in the next version of Mellel. I'm eagerly waiting for this feature :)
- Is there a way to have the classification of Font menu view within
Mellel as well. ( as TextEdit does)
I must admit I have no idea what this is, so I'll let someone else comment. :P
Nick Sloan
Already downloaded the guide

Post by Nick Sloan »

I had to vote No here, because although I would like Mellel to have improved graphics handling and particularly hyperlinks, I would hate Mellel to implement them as Pages, Word and AppleWorks do.
raymond

Re: Need in Mellel

Post by raymond »

Phil82 wrote:
Err... no. My experience with Pages has been that it's much more of a page layout tool than a word processor. I would dread for Mellel to be like Pages. If I wanted Pages, I would have bought Pages.

I wasn't clear. I don't want Pages. I want Mellel. I want to be able to handle graphic, shapes, and text around graphic, as it was in my word-processor on mac ten years ago, and is it was in Nisus 6.5. No more.
zoul

Post by zoul »

I’m sorry to say that, but this poll is IMHO an excellent example of how things should not be done. First, the subject (“Need in Mellel”) does not say much, so that it makes the forum harder to read. Second, it joins three separate issues into one, so that it is not possible to vote nor discuss them separately. Third, the feature requests are under-specified, meaning it is hard to tell what the submitter really wants. Please, try to post better – the better the forum, the better Mellel.