Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Option to include footnotes/endnotes in the word count

Yes, I would really like this
77%
Sure, but no big rush
13%
Doesn't matter too much to me
10%
I prefer exporting my document in RTF, then opening it in Word to find the total word count with footnotes/endnotes
No votes

Total votes: 30

danzac

Option to include endnotes/footnotes in word count

Post by danzac »

Pretty self explanatory, but I haven't seen a poll on it (if there is and I missed it, forgive me).

I would like a simple check box in the statistics window to include the footnotes/endnotes in the word count.

I would think it would be good in the information resulting to indicate how many of those words are part of footnotes/endnotes (that way I don't have to add and subtract to figure it out on my own.
macsailor
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by macsailor »

Yes, yes, yes. This is a must!!
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Yes; but this has already been requested many, many times.
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

Timotheus wrote:Yes; but this has already been requested many, many times.
That's true, but I do not recall that there has ever been a poll regarding this issue (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Peter Edwardsson
Ori Redler
One of the boys

No need to vote

Post by Ori Redler »

I don't think there's much point in voting over something that's in essence a bug to be fixed.
Ori Redler from RedleX
macsailor

Re: No need to vote

Post by macsailor »

Ori Redler wrote:I don't think there's much point in voting over something that's in essence a bug to be fixed.
I didn't know it was a bug. Not since neither Nisus, Abiword, Openoffice nor Microsoft manage to count all the words, paragraphs and characters the same way. Just thought it was a lack of feature or an odd way to handle the word counting.

Have a look at an old discussion regarding the same subject at the Nisus Forum (see my post there posted 2005-12-20 15:45:50).

I'm glad it's a bug, then I know it will be fixed. If it wasn't a bug, but rather a "feature", it might take longer time to convince the importance to change the way this "feature" works. :wink:
Peter Edwardsson
danzac

Post by danzac »

I didn't think it was a bug either.

If what all of us voters want is a checkbox to include endnotes in the count if we want to, then it is hardly to be considered a bug but a feature upgrade.

Unless you are saying that you already had this checkbox and feature added to the Statistics palette but it is not showing up.....then it definitely is a bug.

Either way, squash it or fix it by whichever name you wish to call it.

And yes I know this has been requested, but part of the point of the NittyGritty forum is polling for feature enhancements.