Linkback Support

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

whenders0n
Got the styles thing figured out

Linkback Support

Post by whenders0n »

Are there any plans to add linkback support? Are there other users who would really like to see this? I for one would really love to be able to double click equations in my math thesis to edit them....

Thanks,
william
.william
aechallu
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by aechallu »

The first thing that occurred to me when I read about linkback some time ago is that it could be a great way to have "live" bibliographic support. Would it actually work?
danzac

Post by danzac »

I'm very anxious to see the updates with bibliographic management, it has been hyped up a little by the Redlers and Jon at BE, but I don't think LinkBack has anything to do with it.
Reiner

Re: Linkback Support

Post by Reiner »

whenders0n wrote:Are there any plans to add linkback support? Are there other users who would really like to see this? I for one would really love to be able to double click equations in my math thesis to edit them....

Thanks,
william
I don't think that there are concrete plans to implement linkback support. But I also think this would be great.

For equation I think there is one application which interoperates with Mellel nicely. But while I don't have any use for equations, I can't tell you which application this is.
Reiner
ptram

Post by ptram »

I would like to see it, to avoid incorporating huge illustrations into a document. I don't know if this is really possible with LinkBack, however.

Paolo
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

I think it's time to bring back this question to the table once again. The Linkback support should be very useful for many. It's a great way for example to be able to use graphics or charts created in external application, directly within Mellel. I'm using both OmniGraffle Pro and OmniGraphSketcher, and it would be very useful and time saving to be able to use graphics between Mellel and Omni… without having to copy and paste.

Any plans to implement Backlink in the next version of Mellel?

More information can be found at http://www.linkbackproject.org
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

Bump
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.