Double citations with Bookends

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

gnoli
Already downloaded the guide

Double citations with Bookends

Post by gnoli »

When I cite a work in text explicity citing the author, I put the percentage symbol in my citation, following the indications of Bookends:
e.g. "How Gnoli says {%Gnoli, 2009@23-24} ...."
This citation generates in bibliography palette in Mellel an entry %Gnoli 2009 different from Gnoli 2009 utilized in some other spot in the article. This is not very convenient, especially in large works with a lot of citations.
Would not it be possible that %Gnoli 2009 and Gnoli 2009 generate only one citation Gnoli 2009 as it happens with Gnoli 2009@15 and Gnoli 2009@17?
Jon said that this feature is controlled by Mellel, not bt Bookends
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Double citations with Bookends

Post by nicka »

I still think a good implementation would consolidate all references to each source, but with a flippy triangle (like folders in list view in the Finder) to reveal the individual references. A page number listed for each individual reference would be useful too. And the bibliography palette would be more useful if it could be expanded to a full window.
Reiner
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Double citations with Bookends

Post by Reiner »

nicka wrote:I still think a good implementation would consolidate all references to each source, but with a flippy triangle (like folders in list view in the Finder) to reveal the individual references. A page number listed for each individual reference would be useful too. And the bibliography palette would be more useful if it could be expanded to a full window.
Only thing I can say in this context is: YES!
Reiner