Searching / navigating this forum

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

johnny366
Got the auto-title mojo working

Searching / navigating this forum

Post by johnny366 »

First, let me say this forum is an amazing wealth of advice. I've just started using Mellel and the peer support here is like no other.

The trouble is, I can't really find anything without trawling the titles page by page. I haven't managed a successful search yet, I'm always told the words are too common (important things like numbering auto-titles don't yield any results). Is this a temporary glitch?

This might be OK is the forum had some structure, which I know phpBB can handle. Are there any plans to introduce some subcategories? This would really help!

Thanks for an amazing product guys.
johnny366
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Searching / navigating this forum

Post by johnny366 »

Anyone have any tips, or want to second my post? I have read several frustrated comments about being unable to use 'common' words (like reference, table, cross, title) in the Search. Surely this can be fixed?
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by ozean »

Seconding motion here – searching this forum is really difficult. Not that I would know how to fix it… :(
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by rpcameron »

I was going to write a response about there not being much of a problem with the forum's searching capabilities, until I realized I don't use it very much, so I tried to enter a few sample searches (both general, as well as some using modifiers and wildcards). I was horribly disappointed to find problems with both types of searches.

I don't know if this is a problem addressed with newer versions of phpBB, but it does seem a bit unacceptable.
— Robert Cameron