Mellel 2.9 is just about here...

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

redlers
Site Admin

Post by redlers »

Mellel 2.9 is just about here and due for release early next week. A short description (in the form of a press release) is appended below. The curious will find a screen capture somewhat of an inspiration:
The rest can enjoy(?) the press release... And, by the way, the price was dropped to celebrate the new version, so it's also cheaper! :P

-
Mellel 2.9 is a major update to the leading word processor for Mac OS X. The update introduce several new and exciting new features, modernising Mellel and catapulting it ahead of the competition. No application was harmed during the catapulting process. To welcome version 2.9, RedleX will offer Mellel at a reduced price of $29 ($19 for an Educational license). All licenses come with a guaranteed life-time of free updates.

Most evident to all who would launch Mellel 2.9 is the renovated interface — casting aside an ageing interface the Mellel document window gained a fresh new look, and Customise toolbar options.

Another exciting change is the introduction of line numbering. RedleX went full throttle with this feature, offering an option to manipulate the look of the line number and the separator (between the number and the text), minute control over the position of line numbers (before or after) the text, skip and count options, multiple streams of line numbering, and more. This feature in Mellel puts it ahead of any other word processor or page layout application in this area.

Mellel 2.9 also strongly enhances page design options, offering an innovative "page design" dialogue, easy editing of headers and footers from within the document, different first page, start with next even/odd page, and more.

Mellel 2.9 is fully compatible with Lion (Mac OS 10.7). A future version, to be released this autumn, will adopt and adapt such Lion features as full screen, automatic save, and so on.
-
Ori from RedleX
raymond
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Mellel 2.9 is just about here...

Post by raymond »

wonderful.
Is there a way to know when Index would be integrated to Mellel?
ealvarez

Post by ealvarez »

:D

Hopefully, line numbering will help Mellel to make some inroads in the scientific community :)
RayCee
New to all this

Post by RayCee »

I wonder whether there will be a way to prevent the Lion "automatic save" option, which I truly do not care for.
Any chance for making this a genuine option for Mellel rather than a forced non-option?
DRB

Post by DRB »

Lion's automatic save does not automatically apply to all programs, only those which have been adjusted by their makers to make use of the autosave. Mellel 2.9 does not make use of it, so you need not worry.
Don Broadribb
AdamWysokinski
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by AdamWysokinski »

I can't wait until tomorrow :D
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

AdamWysokinski wrote:I can't wait until tomorrow :D
Now it's the tomorrow of yesterday. Still waiting … reloading the page every minute or two to see if it's released yet or not. :D

Wonder if the last beta and the version-to-be-released will be one and the same? :?
Last edited by macsailor on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
RayCee
New to all this

Post by RayCee »

Don, thanks for the quick feedback on Lion's automatic save not applying to Mellel 2.9. Now I can fiddle around [umm, of course I mean "explore and experiment" ] to my heart's content!
Ray
miles11

Post by miles11 »

It's coming ...
Der Amtmann
New to all this

Post by Der Amtmann »

Hi,
August 15th is almost over in Germany now ... Ah, and in the AppStore it says that Mellel is "expected" on August 17th. Mellel's homepage still says August 15th. Who is right?
------------------------
Best regards, Stefan
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

Now it's more or less 150 minutes left of the 15th of August here in Sweden (same time as Germany and the rest of the countries within the Central European Summer Time zone).

The homepage says the 15th of August (but everything can be postponed by some reason).
Peter Edwardsson
nvalvo
Read the guide, knows everything

Post by nvalvo »

Der Amtmann wrote:Hi,
August 15th is almost over in Germany now ... Ah, and in the AppStore it says that Mellel is "expected" on August 17th. Mellel's homepage still says August 15th. Who is right?
You realize that Apple reviews things in the App Store, so the precise release time might not be under the Redlers' control.
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

nvalvo wrote:
Der Amtmann wrote:Hi,
You realize that Apple reviews things in the App Store, so the precise release time might not be under the Redlers' control.
But the release time outside the App Store is under Redler's control. But once again, a release can be postponed by one or another reason, a reason that can be out of control by the developers.

I'm not in a hurry, but at the same time I would really want to use the non-beta version of Mellel 2.9 as soon as possible. It's my primary writing tool. 8)
Peter Edwardsson
Cavi
Already downloaded the guide

Post by Cavi »

It's coming or not..? :(
Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Post by Eyal Redler »

We apologize for the delay, we hit a little snag at the last moment. Mellel 2.9 will be available in the next few hours for our non-Apple-Store customers.
The App Store version will be available as soon as Apple approves it (usually - within a week).
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Owner at Mellel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... 2LWB33YBZW