bibliography placement

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Andrew Lister
Got the auto-title mojo working

bibliography placement

Post by Andrew Lister »

How to get my bibliography to appear before my notes, as most politics journals expect? (Do any journals ask for notes after bibliography?)

I tried to follow the advice here: http://forum.redlers.com/viewtopic.php? ... y+endnotes, but it's not working. I put a section break at the end of the document, and under "edit note attributes" I set the placement to "below text" and the numbering to "restart every section", but the notes still appear at the bottom of the page.

Any guidance as to what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated.

andrew
Andrew Lister
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: bibliography placement

Post by Andrew Lister »

Sorry, I should have said "how to get my bibliography to appear AFTER my notes". If I choose the "end of document" option for note placement, the notes come after the bibliography. I want notes THEN bibliography.
redlers
Site Admin

Post by redlers »

Andrew Lister wrote:How to get my bibliography to appear before my notes, as most politics journals expect? (Do any journals ask for notes after bibliography?)

I tried to follow the advice here: http://forum.redlers.com/viewtopic.php? ... y+endnotes, but it's not working. I put a section break at the end of the document, and under "edit note attributes" I set the placement to "below text" and the numbering to "restart every section", but the notes still appear at the bottom of the page.

Any guidance as to what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated.

andrew
I don't think you can, with the current version. We hope to add this ability soon.
Flo
Read the guide!

Post by Flo »

A not very elegant solution could be following, but you probably have thought of that already: Select the entire bibliography and press cmd+x. Then place the cursor at the end of the last endnote and hit enter. Then press cmd+v to paste the bibliography here ... The biliography is now part of the last endnote, but can be formated in a different way. But, of course, you cannot automatically have references added or deleted to this bibliography anymore. Do this only when you're done with working on the text (as the last step, so to say). And you can't enter auto-titles here (e.g. to make the title of the bibliography automatically appear in the table of contents). What you still can do is add and delete endnotes – but don't delete the last endnote, since this will delete your entire bibliography.
ppnkg
Read the guide!

Post by ppnkg »

Any updates on this (important!) issue?
dialektik
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by dialektik »

Any news on this? Redlers? For many social science journals, endnotes before bibliography is the standard.

This shouldn't be hugely difficult to implement...
dialektik
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by dialektik »

bump. Is this still not possible? :(
frvs
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by frvs »

How soon is "soon"? Needless to say that this is an important feature when you are preparing a paper with endnotes and a bibliography, right? Mellel is stellar in so many aspects, why does it have to be so frustrating on some basic random functions it does not fulfill, such as this one? PLEASE???