Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

abe-ariel@013.net
Read the guide!

"GO TO PAGE" - problem

Post by abe-ariel@013.net »

Hi,

My platform : 15" MacBookPro, Mavericks
Mellel : new 3.3.2

I have just written in this version of Mellel my first Hebrew document which is longer that 10 pages. In fact 13).
I want to go to a page 10, or onwards.
I click on the GO TO icon (bottom right hand side) and type 10 (or 11, or 12, or 13) in the dialog box.
I then click GO.
It always takes me to Page 1.
Same results when I am trying via VIEW> NAVIGATE.
Can anybody please tell me what am I doing wrong?
Many thanks!

Abe
jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: "GO TO PAGE" - problem

Post by jannuss »

Abe,

Also running 3.3.2. with Mavericks (on a new iMac) -- I can't duplicate your problem.

I tested on a 28 page Hebrew document . . . both View/Navigate and Go To Page work correctly.

Is there anything unusual with your file?
Did the navigate options work correctly then suddenly stopped?
Do you have the same problem with other files?

Janet
abe-ariel@013.net
Read the guide!

Thank you Janet

I made several trials and it seems the problem is only in that particular document, which I can see nothing unusual about it.
I hope problem will not be repeated in other documents.

However, I have another problem.
When I tried to export that particular document in RTF it lost all its end notes.
I reported this problem here in the forum.
I took (another) old document, originally written in Mellel 2.2, and opened it in 3.3. It has many end notes.
I converted it to RTF and it also lost all its end notes.
So did a third document.
It seems that whenever I convert a document from Mellel to RTF it's losing all end notes.

Do you have a remedy for that?

Tks
Abe
jannuss

Post by jannuss »

Abe, I don't use endnotes, so I can't help there
but
there are a number of threads on this forum dealing with exporting complex Mellel files -- why don't you take a look at those discussions.

About your problem with Go To Page. It sounds to me that you have a bug in that particular file. I suggest you send it to the Redlers. The address is support at redlers.com

Janet
Bulow

Post by Bulow »

I once had a file like yours where the go-to page did not work properly as you describe, but I cannot remember what I did with it. I probably copied it into a new file (cut & paste), but am not sure. As far as I remember the problem went away.
As for your end-notes problem: how (with which program) do you open the rtf in order to see that the notes have disappeared?
Bulow
abe-ariel@013.net
Read the guide!

As to my exporting problem I did the following:
1. FILE > EXPORT > RTF.
I obtained an rtf document and renamed it in legal roman letters.
2. I double clicked on the rtf document and the original (Hebrew) Mellel text is there, in a workable format but with no end notes at all.
3. I closed the rtf file and reopened it by dragging it over the WORD icon on my MacBookPro desktop. It opened. The end notes are there, but their ordinate numbers were changed from Arabic numerals to small Roman numbers. The main text (Hebrew) came out left to right and garbled. I could change the direction but words remained garbled.

While writing this note to you it struck me that I should send the rtf text to a PC, ask the recipient to open it in WORD and advise me the results.
I shall do that right away and advise you the outcome tomorrow.
Merci

Ariel
jannuss

Post by jannuss »

abe-ariel@013.net wrote: 2. I double clicked on the rtf document and the original (Hebrew) Mellel text is there, in a workable format but with no end notes at all.
If you double-clicked the rtf file, OSX probably opened it in TextEdit; so, of course, you didn't see the endnotes.

You have to do your check with an app that supports endnotes, LibreOffice, for example.

Janet
abe-ariel@013.net
Read the guide!

Hi
Please see my entry in EXPORTING MELLEL HEBREW DOCUMENT WITH FOOTNOTES above.
I think that will be the right answer.

Tks

Abe