Mellel 3.3.3 is Here

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

redlers
Site Admin

Mellel 3.3.3 is Here

Post by redlers »

Mellel 3.3.3 is here. Some very interesting tidbits about this version:

First, Click http://www.mellel.com/download to go and download it.

Second, about the new version - we've changed a bit to our normal bug-fix-update routine and in addition to numerous bug fixes we've also added several requested updates
[*]Recent fonts displayed in the Font menu (Character palette). From now on, you'll be able to easily access recent fonts.
[*]Footnotes and Endnotes: Added format + Space to note symbol formats selection. A much requested new feature, allowing you to set note number and Space following it.
[*]RTF Export: Added an option to control the resolution of converted vector images when exporting to RTF. This solves a problem with exporting vector images, as those are not supported correctly in RTF.
[*]Auto-title improvement: Structure levels without a name (empty) are not displayed in the Insert Auto-title menu or the Auto-title palette. This makes Auto-titles easier to use, without yawning gaps between structure levels and tag levels.
[*]Auto-title improvement: Icons for structure and tag levels, separator between structure and tag levels, and tag levels names displayed in blue - all in the Auto-title palette. And this just make things look nicer.
[*]Sign up dialogue (App store users).

Enjoy.

Ori from RedleX
timofcanberra
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Mellel 3.3.3 is Here

Post by timofcanberra »

Any indication when the update to 3.3.3 will be available that fixes the RTF export function? I am still using 3.2.4 as a work around. I have lots of images in my file and it is close to 300 pages and 60mb in size so may not be a problem for most users.
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by rpcameron »

My copy of Mellel 3.3.4 was installed 11 June (to little fanfare). However, I am uncertain what RTF export fix is needed, and whether this version fixes that ...
— Robert Cameron
timofcanberra
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by timofcanberra »

Not sure why but the app store version is 3.3.4 and the KAGI version which I have is 3.3.3 - says I am up to date and no new version is available. I did contact Support and was told there was a bug in 3.3.3. What happens is the RTF fails to finish writing and freezes at about 15 % :cry:

I am sure it will be fixed but having to downgrade to export for my supervisor means I have to keep two versions of Mellel
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by rpcameron »

timofcanberra wrote:Not sure why but the app store version is 3.3.4 and the KAGI version which I have is 3.3.3 - says I am up to date and no new version is available. I did contact Support and was told there was a bug in 3.3.3. What happens is the RTF fails to finish writing and freezes at about 15 % :cry:

I am sure it will be fixed but having to downgrade to export for my supervisor means I have to keep two versions of Mellel
Does the bug only happen when exporting to RTF rather than Word format, or is it for all RTF export? If it is the former, choose Word format as your export, then just rename to RTF, because the file is really RTF and not Word format.
— Robert Cameron