Slow writing under El Capitan

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Michael Gerlinger
Got the styles thing figured out

Slow writing under El Capitan

Post by Michael Gerlinger »

The upgrade to El Capitan went smooth for a while, but now writing is awfully slow.
Its normal in other programs like now. And it is normal in mellel when using styles and such. It is only slow when writing in the document proper.

Apart from mellel, there were some stability issues but those seem to be gone. Other programs don't seem to be especially slow. Booting is slower than usual though.

I checked the hard drive (SSD) and reinstalled El Capitan. I ran activity control. All to no avail.

Do other mellel-users have the same problem?

Must I wait till apple roles out a new version or is there anything I can do?

Sincerely

Michael Gerlinger
farcas
Read the guide!

Re: Slow writing under El Capitan

Post by farcas »

Same. Mellel has been slow and sludgy. I'm on El Capitan - latest. All kinds of things are getting hung up in the app that usually don't have any problem.

Anyone else?

Thanks.
Platonist

Post by Platonist »

I am still seeing this and I wonder if there is a cure. Has anyone found a solution? Writing is still slow and scrolling is less than smooth--especially when viewing two-up.
farcas
Read the guide!

Post by farcas »

likewise. bug?

Thanks
Platonist

Post by Platonist »

I assume it is a bug or some sort of optimization issue. I sent an email to RedleX but I have not heard back. Hopefully we'll hear something soon, either in the form of an update or at least an explanation/ETA on the fix. The lag and general choppiness is pretty distracting.