Fonts in tables

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

paieye
Got the auto-title mojo working

Fonts in tables

Post by paieye »

I have got a table of 2 columns, the 1st column containing English text, the 2nd containing Arabic text. I want the size of the Arabic text to be very much larger than that of the English text. However, whether I try to achieve this by altering font-sizes or by zooming, whatever I do to 1 column has the same result in the other column.

Is there a way of avoiding this ?
jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Fonts in tables

Post by jannuss »

paieye wrote:I have got a table of 2 columns, the 1st column containing English text, the 2nd containing Arabic text. I want the size of the Arabic text to be very much larger than that of the English text. However, whether I try to achieve this by altering font-sizes or by zooming, whatever I do to 1 column has the same result in the other column.
I don't understand the problem.
The Table option has no control over the font of the entries inside the table cells.
You control the font and/or size by using either the Character palette or selecting a Character style.

You can change the font and/or size of text in a single cell by selecting that text and changing it, or
You can change the font and/or size of text in a row or column of cells by selecting the entire row or column and changing it, or
You can change the font and/or size of text in the entire table by selecting all the cells and changing it.

Janet
paieye
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by paieye »

Thank you, Janet, I achieved the result, though I must say that the route in Mellel is rather winding. Why does the tool-bar not show the size of the type-face being used ?
jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by jannuss »

paieye wrote:Thank you, Janet, I achieved the result, though I must say that the route in Mellel is rather winding. Why does the tool-bar not show the size of the type-face being used ?
First answer: You can always see the size and type of font in the character palette window

Second answer: Mellel is based on style sets --it wouldn't fit the logic of the app to show just size and font

Third answer: Mellel is not a WORD clone.

Janet