Some humble suggestions

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Jezpakani
Got the styles thing figured out

Some humble suggestions

Post by Jezpakani »

I know this application has been around for quite some time and my suggestions may not hold much weight, but I would like to present them anyway.

Palette Window
Currently this is a floating window but I would like to see it integrated into the main window. If you look at the Apple word processor Pages you will get the idea. I ask for this because I work on a MacBook Pro with a smaller screen so the palette window always seems to be in the way.

Custom Lists
I would like the ability to create custom bullet lists. By this I mean to use a custom image in place of one of the stock bullets.

Style Searching
Sometimes when cleaning up documents where I paste in text there are rogue paragraph and character styles. The palette window does show that these exist and the application gives me the ability to search and replace these which is great. But what I would like to have is to select one of these unwanted styles in the palette window then through a key combination or other to navigate to 'next' and 'previous' locations which uses the unwanted style so I can see where they are located before I do a global replace.
Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Some humble suggestions

Post by Bulow »

It is true that the palette window can be in the way, so make it disappear when you don't need it.
I have no opinion on bullets, but oh yes, please, could we have the possibility to search for styles. I think I have already asked for it a long time ago.
Bülow
Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Post by Eyal Redler »

Regarding styles, it is possible to search for styles. We have some ideas on making this more accessible and powerful but can search your document for occurrences of a style by doing the following
1. Select the text having the style/attributes you wish to look for
2. Edit->Copy Special->Copy Character Attributes (Command+Option+C)
3. Reveal the find pane (Command+F)
4. Insert an "anything" element from the insert menu at the left of the find field
5. With the blinking point still in the find field, choose Edit->Paste (Command+V) to set the copied character attitudes as the attributes to search
6. Click "Next" to find the next bit of text carrying these attributes
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Owner at Mellel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... 2LWB33YBZW
Moises Zumaeta
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Moises Zumaeta »

Eyal,

I am using mellel 3.52b2 but for some reason the shortcut copy special-character attribute/paragraph attribute does not work. I made sure to go to system preferences and verify that the shortcuts for the mellel application were properly set, and they are. On the mac system preferences I have Shift+Cmd+C for paragraph attributes and Opt+Cmd+C for character attributes, however, when I try to use them inside the application it does not work. Am I missing something? Or this is a feature that was lost in the last update?

Thanks,
Moises
Sayyaar
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by Sayyaar »

If it is ever decided to offer a unified inspector pane (like Pages and many other native apps) instead of the floating palette (current interface), could you please leave the option to have the floating palette? On a multi-monitor set up the floating palette is my preference, but I can understand why folks might want the unified inspector pane on smaller screens.
SYR
miles11
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by miles11 »

Sayyaar wrote:If it is ever decided to offer a unified inspector pane (like Pages and many other native apps) instead of the floating palette (current interface), could you please leave the option to have the floating palette?
I'm comfortable using the floating palettes — and I prefer them. I have a large monitor, but the Do-All Inspector panes seem to take up far more screen space.

And, it's a snap to make the palettes appear or disappear by using the keyboard shortcut.