Feature request: Antidote integration

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

moineau
Already downloaded the guide

Feature request: Antidote integration

Post by moineau »

I recently asked guys from Antidote, a powerful Canadian tool for French writers, integrated with Word, why they couldn't do it for Mellel. This is what they said: "a few years ago, we've contacted Redlex to tell them how to create the API necessary for integration. Redlex has unfortunately not given us any response."

So this is something that would be great, as Antidote is THE tool for style, spelling, grammar, etc. There are several positive reviews of Mellel in French on Apple store, this would be great if you could give us that.

To me it's WAY more important than the Index feature, which you can create easily using "search". Or the ePub export. Or the "book" templates.

Thanks !
Gustave
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Feature request: Antidote integration

Post by Gustave »

Hey Redlex,

I would love an integration of Antidote in Mellel. Antidote is the best french corrector.

This issue has been abandoned ?

Thanks,

Gustave
nick
New to all this

Post by nick »

Hi everybody,

I would too be happy to see an integration between Mellel and Antidote.

Kind regards,

Nick
joseph_anton
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by joseph_anton »

I have a similar interest in using ProWritingAid, a grammar and style checker for writing in English, with Mellel. In the case of ProWritingAid, it works as a plugin with Word for Windows but not with Word for MacOS (there is a stand-alone desktop app for MacOS which can open Word and other file types, including Scrivener files).

It would be great to have an API to use third-party tools as plugins within Mellel, but I'd be happy to settle for other applications being able to open Mellel files to work with the contents without making a round-trip to a compatible format (and losing Mellel-specific settings in the process).
Gustave

Post by Gustave »

Hi Nick and joseph_anton,

Thanks for your help. I know nothing about ProWritingAid, but in french, Antidote is the best word corrector. By far.

Can we have an answer of the team of Mellel about integration of correctors, especially Antidote ?

Kind regards,

Gustave
ealvarez

Post by ealvarez »

Antidote is indeed very helpful! Hope the Redlers will work to ease the integration of this software with Mellel.
Avner
Already downloaded the guide

Post by Avner »

Antidote integration is on our wishlist for the application, and as with all other items on our backlog we will weigh it in when we are planning our future development priorities. We understand and value the great benefit it will bring to our French-writing users.
Avner Matan
----------------------
Training and Support
MellelU Learning Center: https://www.mellel.com/learn/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/mellelvideos
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
elo
New to all this

Post by elo »

Integration with Antidote is extremely important for me too. Without this Mellel cannot be recommended to those who write in French. Notice that the most recent version of Antidote has an English module, which makes the integration even more crucial as Antidote is, in my opinion, now the best tool for working in English too.
Gustave

Post by Gustave »

Hello,

I know that the integration of Antidote must be a long process.
But is there news on the subject? The developers of Antidote told me to be in touch with Mellel.
That's very good news !! A date has been set for the integration?

Best regards.
Gustave

Post by Gustave »

Antidote 10 is out but still does not support Mellel.

It is the essential corrector in French, and now it has an English version that will undoubtedly meet the same success.

Do the Mellel developers plan to integrate Antidote? What is blocking in this integration asked for many years?

Best regards
ealvarez

Post by ealvarez »

A pity that I have to consider sending my book in Word to use Antidote. And as said, this software is very good in English too and able to recognize English parts in a French text. For me, that’s the number 1 feature lacking in Mellel.
rwg

Post by rwg »

There does not seem to be any trial version of Antidote available, and so I am curious to know whether it is really worth what would seem to be quite an exorbitant price.
ealvarez

Post by ealvarez »

Doesn't seem indeed, but upgrades are at 50% and... it's worth the price!