Merge several documents in one

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

flike
Got the styles thing figured out

Merge several documents in one

Post by flike »

Hello,
I have several Mellel documents which I wanna merge-combine into a large one. All of them use the same style set, but I need to make sure that the auto-numbering of the images, auto-titles and cross-references that I have used will be in the correct order. Which is the best way to do this? (Is it so simple as to copy+paste all of them into a new one?)
Thank you in regards
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Merge several documents in one

Post by ozean »

I usually do this via copy&paste, so I guess this should work for you too. (But remember: always make backups before doing major things to your written work.)
lunatics1971
New to all this

Post by lunatics1971 »

I have the same problem. I am writing my phd dissertation and each chapter is a different file. I need to merge them to create the final version of the book, so is the only option copy & paste? Isn´t there the option, insert file?
Thanks in advance!
Lucia
rpcameron

Post by rpcameron »

lunatics1971 wrote:I have the same problem. I am writing my phd dissertation and each chapter is a different file. I need to merge them to create the final version of the book, so is the only option copy & paste? Isn´t there the option, insert file?
No, there is no Insert File option. Cut and Paste is your only option if you are going to use multiple files and Mellel.
— Robert Cameron
Cynops
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by Cynops »

Is this still the case? Is there any way to drop an entire file (text, images, tables) into another file as a chapter?
ealvarez

Post by ealvarez »

Haven't seen anything like that. Mellel doesn't work on the model "master-slaves documents".
Cynops
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by Cynops »

I don't want to link the documents. I want to copy and paste from one into another. I can do the text just fine but it doesn't move the images and as they are all floating images edited in Mellel going back to the original images and placing & editing them one by one is a royal pain.