Endnotes

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Chris Price
Got the auto-title mojo working

Endnotes

Post by Chris Price »

Hello, all.

My publisher wants me to use endnotes. This was fine until I tried to copy and paste them in between the Appendices and the Bibliography, as they requested.

Does anyone know how to do this? Or how to cut and paste, say, a Bibliography into a position after Notes? Or how to insert a sub-heading ("Chapter 1") in front of the first Note? Subsequent sub-headings are no problem, I've found.

Thanks in advance...

Chris
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Endnotes

Post by Icelander »

how to cut and paste […] a Bibliography into a position after Notes?
This seems to indicate that (1) selecting the bibliography, (2) cutting and then (3) pasting the bibliography after the endnotes is somehow difficult. I'm not sure why you say that. This is what I do to get the endnotes between the appendices and the bibliography, and it works fine.
Or how to insert a sub-heading ("Chapter 1") in front of the first Note?
Are you talking about an Auto-title or a paragraph style here? You can't insert an Auto-title while you are in an endnote area. If you want "Chapter 1" to appear in front of the first endnote, then delete the break (which is probably a section break) before the first note, i.e., in order to escape the endnote area, and then insert it either as an Auto-title or write it manually. If you choose the latter option, you can assign it a heading paragraph style to make it stand out. The following Chapter 2, Chapter 3 etc. must be written manually between the single endnotes.

This screenshot demonstrates this in a nutshell.
https://shrtm.nu/U2gA
Last edited by Icelander on Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Price
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Endnotes

Post by Chris Price »

Thanks, Icelander. You have clarified the issue for me: the fact that the endnote area does not permit auto-tiles was the problem, since I had been trying to copy the Bibliography complete with its Auto-Titled heading.

So it seems to me that you can never escape the endnote area AFTER it...

You have, however, set me off on a workaround for both issues, so thank you; much appreciated.

Chris