From Latex to Mellel: need some help

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

AcquaDom
New to all this

From Latex to Mellel: need some help

Post by AcquaDom »

Hello everyone!
I've been using Latex for years now and wrote a doctoral thesis using Scrivener and Latex. But, as you know, it is hard to handle and I'd like to be able to switch easily from a text editor to another, Word, for instance. So, I decided to give Mellel a try and started using it. My first question is about the way I could easily number my outline. In Latex, you know that every section (from part to chapter and subsubsections) is automatically numbered. Using Mellel, I have to set my numbering and I must say I didn't get to do it in order to have: 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, etc. Are there some templates I could start from (I already use the auto-indent template)? Thanks for your help.
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: From Latex to Mellel: need some help

Post by Icelander »

Hello ‪AcquaDom,

It took me quite a while to do this in Mellel. In Nisus Writer Pro it took me exactly 10 seconds to set this up, and I'm not exaggerating.
In Mellel, look for the "Default numbered" Auto-title set up. You can use that as a kind of template. I think "Default numbered" came with Mellel, but it's possible that the name is from me. I really can't remember. Sorry.

Anyway, you can see the final set up on screenshot no. 1. If you want to include the numbers in the outline, toggle the "Use a different format for Outline"-button (see screenshot no. 2.)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5i6dmo77f ... m.zip/file
But, as you know, it is hard to handle and I'd like to be able to switch easily from a text editor to another, Word, for instance.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You want to switch easily between Word and Mellel? Why would you want to do that? Mellel and Word are completely different. I would even go so far as to say that proficiency in Word will not help you at all when it comes to learning all tricks of the trade in Mellel.
AcquaDom
New to all this

Post by AcquaDom »

Thank you for your help and your screenshots. I finally got how to number my outline from your suggestions. I only meant that I would like to be able to export my work from Mellel to Word if I had to do that.
Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Bulow »

Which reminds me how nice it would be if the promised exporter from Mellel to docx would finally appear. I need it almost every day.
Bülow