"Feature requests" or no "Feature requests". That is here the question…

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

"Feature requests" or no "Feature requests". That is here the question…

Post by Icelander »

In the past, people have often requested new features in the forums. Never, ever have I seen a reply to such requests from the developer.

Therefore my question is now: Is this the right place to post 'Feature requests' ? Or is one always supposed to contact the developer directly?

In case this question remains unanswered (by the developer), my willingness to help keeping this forum alive will dramatically diminish.
Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Re: "Feature requests" or no "Feature requests". That is here the question…

Post by Eyal Redler »

Officially the best place to contact us for support and feature requests is by via the support form in the app or on the website. I will try to be more responsive in the forum going forward by stay assured that I am here, I'm listening and I'm working hard on Mellel, these things take time.
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Owner at Mellel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... 2LWB33YBZW
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: "Feature requests" or no "Feature requests". That is here the question…

Post by Icelander »

Thanks for responding, Eyal.

Responding to feature requests needs not be a nuisance for the developer. Just say,
(1) "Thanks for the feature request. I have added your vote to our list."
or
(2) "Hard to implement. Will take long time."
or
(3) "This feature is unlikely to be ever implemented in Mellel, but we have put your vote on our list."
or
(4) "We have no plans to implement this feature. Sorry."

I believe every user will accept such answers. Negative answers are perfectly all right. Users will understand that. Nobody expects to see longwinding justification for why certain features are not implemented.
BUT no response at all will create deep frustration among the community members.

Once again, the traffic here is low. Feature requests are posted once a month, maximum, so it's not a big deal to answer and just say "Sorry. At the moment we have no plans to implement x, z, y."

I will try to be more responsive in the forum
Wouldn't it be an excellent idea to start right now doing that! I posted a feature request a couple of days ago here:
viewtopic.php?t=3915

I still would like to know whether an option of changing the highlight color of notes on screen is
(1) likely or
(2) unlikely to be implemented, or whether it
(3) will never be implemented.

Knowing that it will never be implemented is far better for me than not knowing anything at all.