default auto-title setup

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

FA1
Knows everything, can prove it

default auto-title setup

Post by FA1 »

I have my customized auto-title setup as my default in prefs, but it is not being selected in a new document.

What might I be doing wrong?

And it was noted in another thread, but is there a bug in setting keyboard shortcuts to auto-titles? It worked for me in a previous version, but now even though I can see the shortcuts in the auto-title menu, they're not working.
ozean

Post by ozean »

Are you sure you did save your auto-title setup? I always forget to do this and then find myself wondering about why they do not appear in other documents…
FA1

Post by FA1 »

It would have to be saved to show up in the drop-down list in Preferences (and in the auto-title edit screen), wouldn't it?
ozean

Post by ozean »

Sorry, I thought you would refer to the changes you made to your auto-title setup. My mistake.

Other than that I can only say that it works for me, i.e. when I set an auto-title setup as default in Mellel’s preferences and open a new document, it is the selected setup. No need to quit and restart for the changes to take effect.

10.4.7 PPC and Mellel 2.1.1 (build 3)
verma

Re: default auto-title setup

Post by verma »

FA1 wrote:I have my customized auto-title setup as my default in prefs, but it is not being selected in a new document.

What might I be doing wrong?

And it was noted in another thread, but is there a bug in setting keyboard shortcuts to auto-titles? It worked for me in a previous version, but now even though I can see the shortcuts in the auto-title menu, they're not working.
Check the template, I'd say. Are you using the same template you set your auto-title setup in for? If I'm right, using a different template will void the default setting in Preferences (you've got to select your flow again in the Edit autotitle flow thingummybob).

Don't have Mellel on this laptop - but I'd say check there first. If not, I don't know either...
FA1

Re: default auto-title setup

Post by FA1 »

verma wrote: Check the template, I'd say. Are you using the same template you set your auto-title setup in for? If I'm right, using a different template will void the default setting in Preferences (you've got to select your flow again in the Edit autotitle flow thingummybob).

Don't have Mellel on this laptop - but I'd say check there first. If not, I don't know either...
Yep, that was it, thanks. I'm sort of experimenting and learning the features as I go, so I'm still kind of clueless!