URL--working link

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

jb
Read the guide, knows everything

URL--working link

Post by jb »

One of those simple things that mystify me is why sometimes (in Eudora, e.g.) a URL (http://www...) when typed/pasted comes out as a working link, and why sometimes (in Mellel, e.g.) it does not.

Is there a way to make a URL in an electronic Mellel document a working link--i.e., one that will take you to the browser and to the page indicated?

Haven't been able to find in Mellel Guide or Tutorial.

Thanks
James
hlmojica
New to all this

Post by hlmojica »

It hasn't work for me. If it can, then Mellel will be the perfect word processor for me.
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Mart°n »

This does’t work in Mellel currently because Mellel uses its own text engine. Software that uses the Mac OS X Cocoa text engine (Pages, TextEdit, Mail) support this feature.
Maybe a future version of Mellel (Cross-references, for example, are promised for this year) would support those links.
d_h
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by d_h »

I tend to prefer primary behaviour being easily editable text (Mellel) rather than formatted link (Word).

While not a direct answer there is Open Link in the Services menu, which could be given a keyboard shortcut by messing with Safari's properties list (or by installing Opera).