Feature Request: ALL CAPS Option for Character Styles

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Would you find an ALL CAPS option for character styles useful?

Yes! An ALL CAPS option is needed.
68%
No. I don't see any use for an ALL CAPS option.
32%

Total votes: 34

Dougray
Got the styles thing figured out

Feature Request: ALL CAPS Option for Character Styles

Post by Dougray »

I would find it very useful to make an ALL CAPS character style for things like APA heading levels that need to be all caps. This feature would change the case of all characters to uppercase. Likewise, options for all lowercase and Title Case (where the beginning of each word is capped) would also be useful. This would make changing heading levels a 1-click operation.
Hans-Reinhard Koch
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Hans-Reinhard Koch »

Actually All Caps would only make sense with a toggle option for lower case and title case.
Hans-Reinhard Koch, Bonn, Germany
spinningdoc
Read the guide, knows everything

all caps

Post by spinningdoc »

On behalf of all the screenwriters loving Mellel because of its emphasis on structure, oh yes... Yes... YES... YESSSS!

Ori said this would be coming fairly swiftly after the big 2.1 update, and sooner or later I'm going to have start breathing again.
nvalvo
Read the guide, knows everything

Post by nvalvo »

Understanding the font issues involved, this would be a good thing to be able to do in New and Improved Find and Replace. I think you can; actually, now that I think about it, you can't do it all that well. Hmm.
Dougray
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Dougray »

So is there some way to "close out" these requests (now that this feature is in 2.1.2)? Or do we just let it drift off into the past? :)

Doug
zoul
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by zoul »

I’d say let it drift. It would be lovely if the author of the thread always closed the discussion and said which version this got implemented/fixed in, so that people who discover the thread by searching know what is going on. [Which has just happened.]