keyboard shortcut to switch between documents

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

gerben
Read the guide!

keyboard shortcut to switch between documents

Post by gerben »

Hello,

Tried to find this in the manual but without succes. I was wondering if there is a possibility to navigate through several opened documents by way of a keyboard shortcut (instead of using the 'windows' menu). In Word the possibility exists to assign a keyboard shortcut for menu options which i find very useful when writing.

Thanks,
Gerben
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by nicka »

You can use the keyboard shortcut the operating system provides for that: Command~. (The combination may be on a different key on some different language keyboard layouts, I believe.)
joewiz

Post by joewiz »

On a US keyboard it's typically command+`. You can check and change this setting in:

System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts > (Keyboard Navigation >) Move focus to next window in active application
gerben
Read the guide!

Post by gerben »

Aha.. for years a Mac user and still hadn't figured that one out :?

Thanks!

Gerben
nicka

Post by nicka »

Did you know that you can use the same key combination to go backwards through the list of running applications, after invoking the list with Command-tab?

That is: hold down Command, then press tab. This brings up the horizontal list of open applications' icons across the centre of the screen. You can go rightwards by pressing tab repeatedly (as you almost certainly know) and leftwards by pressing the prime (`) /tilde (~) key, holding Command down all the while.
joewiz

Post by joewiz »

nicka wrote:Did you know that you can use the same key combination to go backwards through the list of running applications, after invoking the list with Command-tab?
Wow... I didn't know that. I thought the only way to move backwards through the cmd+tab list was cmd+shift+tab... Your way is easier on the fingers. Thanks!