highlighting with keystrokes

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Rory
Already downloaded the guide

highlighting with keystrokes

Post by Rory »

While writing full-screen (or any other time) can you highlight selected text with a keystroke combination?
This would, of course, use either the last, or default, selection.
I know this sounds like a request, and it is one. I work with Mellel for 4 to 6 hours a day (3 novels on the go) and small things like this make such a difference.
(and just for the record, my writing group is sick of hearing me rave about Mellel)
Rory
Without hope, a dream is a wretched curse that only fools endeavor.
ptram
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by ptram »

Rory, I cannot answer.
However, any chance you will describe your use of Mellel in writing novels? Which subsidiary applications do you use, how you use Mellel's features, how they improve your job?
As a writer myself, I'm always looking for this kind of experiences.

Paolo
danzac

Post by danzac »

I would very much like to see this too. Or at least I would like to see markers in one of the menus (like edit). That way I can make the choice by accessing the menu item via Quicksilver (or others can assign it a shorcut in System Preferences).
stoic

Post by stoic »

This is a nice idea. Another would be an option to set the highlight options temporarily so that one could go through a document just selecting text to be marked automatically, either by double clicking on words or click-and-drag over phrases, etc.

I really like Mellel 2.2, by the way.
ptram
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by ptram »

danzac wrote:I would like to see markers in one of the menus (like edit)
Good idea. Maybe under or over Bibliography and List - other voices replicated from palettes.

Paolo