Temporary Citation Object

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

laup
Knows everything, can prove it

Temporary Citation Object

Post by laup »

The new bibliograpic features are very nice. I have been using the Scan/Unscan feature quite a bit. However, the temporary citation object now appears to be different: larger than previously. If I print, the temporary citations appear along with the main text and can be rather confusing and diverting, as in "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy stream Jones, 2002, #3145.."

Is there a setting to change the appearance of the temporary citation objects, especially when printed? If not, it's not the end of the world, since one can now scan, print things looking proper, and then unscan when going back to edit.

Another question on the bibliogrpahy stuff. Is there a way to see more of the name of the citation in the Citations in Document box? I find that where there are multiple references in the same year with the same lead author, it's not clear which reference one wants to use.
Paul
joewiz

Re: Temporary Citation Object

Post by joewiz »

pkensildavis wrote:The new bibliograpic features are very nice. I have been using the Scan/Unscan feature quite a bit. However, the temporary citation object now appears to be different: larger than previously. If I print, the temporary citations appear along with the main text and can be rather confusing and diverting, as in "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy stream Jones, 2002, #3145.."

Is there a setting to change the appearance of the temporary citation objects, especially when printed? If not, it's not the end of the world, since one can now scan, print things looking proper, and then unscan when going back to edit.
Assuming you're using Bookends, the setting that governs the temporary citation appearance is actually on Bookends' end, in Preferences > Scan & Bib > Cite By. From the pull-down menu, choose "Content" for the long setting that includes the title that you observed, or "Author, Date, Unique ID" for the short setting.
isleofman
New to all this

same problem....but with Sente

Post by isleofman »

I am having the same issue as the OP.

I just downloaded and installed Mellel 2.2 and have the most recent version of Sente of well. Whereas dragging and dropping the citation from Sente before appeared like:

Willcox 02

They citation now appear as:

Willcox 02#54ED6C1A-DA34-49C3-9F59-44C73C702671

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!!
joewiz

Re: same problem....but with Sente

Post by joewiz »

isleofman wrote:Willcox 02#54ED6C1A-DA34-49C3-9F59-44C73C702671
Wow - that long? Definitely sounds like a bug, somewhere between Bookends and Mellel. You may try posting this at the Bookends forum for ideas.
isleofman
New to all this

Post by isleofman »

Any more assistance here?

Just to reiterate, I am using Sente, not Bookends as my citation manager.

How do I get the references in my document to appear like

Tallóczy 06

rather than,

Tallóczy 06#FEFF7A97-0CE7-48DD-A550-059AA477758D

As they currently appear. The long string of numbers is very disorienting!

Thanks so much
joewiz

Post by joewiz »

You may have some luck posting at the Sente forum.
FA1

Re: Temporary Citation Object

Post by FA1 »

pkensildavis wrote:The new bibliograpic features are very nice. I have been using the Scan/Unscan feature quite a bit. However, the temporary citation object now appears to be different: larger than previously. .
I have the same issue, it used to be smaller text. When I updated it became the same size as my regular text. The pref in Bookends can switch the type of citation, but I'm not sure where to change the size.
isleofman
New to all this

Post by isleofman »

Okay, so I have cross-posted on the Sente forum, but nothing there so far. This issue only became apparent when I upgraded to the v2.2 of Mellel, so i think it has to do with Mellel. I am using a Mac Book Pro....

Thanks for some help.
FA1

Post by FA1 »

bump
joewiz

Post by joewiz »

Have you written to the Redlers directly? Check the Mellel support webpage for the address.