"Paste simple text" shortcut problem

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

eleuteruiz
Knows everything, can prove it

"Paste simple text" shortcut problem

Post by eleuteruiz »

I am using Mellel 2.2.1 with Spanish localization.
If I try to use the included kbd shortcut for "Paste simple text" ("Pegar texto simple"), that is, Command+Option+Shift+V, I only get an error sound and nothing happens, whereas the kbd shortcut for "Copy simple text" does work.
I tried assigning a new (and simpler!) shortcut to this function through system preferences, but I get the same result.

Can anybody give me a hint on what can be the problem?

Thank you
Eleuterio
nicka

Post by nicka »

A clash with an installed service? There are some bits of freeware you can use to disable services and/or change their shortcut keys. Might be worth a try.
eleuteruiz

Post by eleuteruiz »

Thanks, nicka. I didn't know about these useful apps!

I tried Service Scrubber. Apparently no other service was using this shortcut. I disabled almost all services (I don't use most of them), but the problem is still there. :(

Another suggestion?
Eleuterio
rwg

Post by rwg »

I have the same problem with the "Paste simple text" shortcut even though there is no conflict with any Services. Numerous other Mellel shortcuts don't work for me either, and in such cases I use iKey. As has been mentioned often before on this forum, the ability to set one's own keyboard shortcuts in the preferences would be most welcome.

Rolf