question for Word users - pasting selection

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

FA1
Knows everything, can prove it

question for Word users - pasting selection

Post by FA1 »

I thought that I've done this successfully in the past, I'm not sure why it's not working. But when I go to copy a selection of text from Word and paste in Mellel, it is apparently showing up as an image instead of text.

Also when I go to select in Word, it is putting brackets around the selection, I could never figure out what that means. I'm not sure if that has any relevance.

Anyone know what the heck I'm talking about?

Damn you Word!

Edit: As a workaround, I saved it as .rtf in Word and opened in Mellel, then I was able to cut and paste
nicka

Post by nicka »

That's a known bug, which started in a recent version, and is fixed in the latest version, 2.2.5. So the cure is to download that.
FA1

Post by FA1 »

Thanks, I checked and it worked now.

By the way, I don't suppose there is a preference to auto-check for updates? For Mellel, I wouldn't mind having one.
nicka

Post by nicka »

And by the way, the bracket thing in Word sounds like it is unrelated. I don't know what is causing it, but comments, bookmarks and field codes in Word can all involve brackets. It could be related to the problems on this old thread or this one on the Word Mac newsgroup. Try turning off the preference to display bookmarks: Word/Preferences/View/Show/Bookmarks.
If that doesn't do it, asking a new question on the newsgroup will get you help from some people who know Word far too well for their own good.