citations in purply-blue

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

raymond
Knows everything, can prove it

citations in purply-blue

Post by raymond »

My problem:

I have completed a document with about 70 references.
I have created the Bookends database as explained me. I even tried the scanning the document in the middle and succeeded very well.

Now when scanning the final document I am creating a nice references list at the end of the document, but, in the middle of the document, where a purple citation should have been created in the following way: (Yeo, Peter 1994) I get it as it seen here in Purple ( can't attach the screen picture here):
( Yeo, P. (1994). A Letter to the Editor.
Review of International Cooperation, Volume 87, No. 3, pp. 5-7)
?
It is strange, and never happened before.
May be you know how I can return the situation into the ordinary form.

TIA

Raymond
suavito

Post by suavito »

My first guess would be that Yeo 1994 has the wrong type in the Bookends data base, not article but something else that is set to be put out in the way you get it.

Click on this article in your Bookends data base list and check what you get in the "view formatted" box below that list. If what you see there is what you get in Mellel there must be a wrong setting in Bookends.

If so, double-click on Yeo 1994 in the list and check it's type (upper right corner). If it's wrong, change it. If it's right look at other citations of this type – are they formatted correctly?

If Yeo 1994 has the correct type and other citations of that type are formatted as they should it may be some bug.

But if Yeo 1994 is the only citation of that type go to Biblio/Formats manager in Bookends and check out the setting for this type of citation. Pay attention on a possible difference between the first and the following citations of this type.
raymond

Post by raymond »

Thanks for the answer.

I wasn't clear in my explanations.
All the references came out in Mellel at the same way as that I brought in my example.

Anyway, I have tried to follow your suggestion but could not find any remedy for my problem in it.
DylanMuir

Post by DylanMuir »

If you unscan the document from within Mellel, all citations will revert back to temporary ones (light blue) as though you've just added them. In addition, when you next scan the document Bookends will again ask you which bibliography format you'd like to use. You can make sure Bookends is using the correct format for your document.

If that doesn't work, I'd check the bibliography format configuration from within Bookends.

DRM