feature request: show two pages

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Do you want the zoom-option "show two pages"?

Yes.
63%
No.
3%
Perhaps later, but no priority.
34%

Total votes: 38

Reiner
Knows everything, can prove it

feature request: show two pages

Post by Reiner »

It would be very handy two have the additional command "show two pages" in the zoom-popup-menu, which should zoom like "fit page" does, but shows two pages.

page up/page down then should always scroll the two shown pages at once:
1 2
3 4
5 6

If you have set "facing pages" the pages should always be shown:
2 3
4 5

I think especially in the fullscreen view this setting would be extremly handy to finish a manuscript.

What do you think?
Reiner
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Another evergreen with a very long beard on this forum …
Reiner

Post by Reiner »

evergreens keep us young, isn't it? :lol:
Reiner
Platonist
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Platonist »

I understand that this must be a rather old request, given the 'evergreen' comments, but I am new to Mellel and don't know what was said previously. I sent the developers an email asking about the prospects for a 'two-up' view but haven't heard back yet. If this is a common request, what stands in the way of its implimentation? Is it a priority issue or a technical issue? This feature is rather important to my work flow, and other than its omission I really like using Mellel. Could others comment on this?

Many thanks!!
Ori Redler
One of the boys

Post by Ori Redler »

Platonist wrote:I understand that this must be a rather old request, given the 'evergreen' comments, but I am new to Mellel and don't know what was said previously. I sent the developers an email asking about the prospects for a 'two-up' view but haven't heard back yet. If this is a common request, what stands in the way of its implimentation? Is it a priority issue or a technical issue? This feature is rather important to my work flow, and other than its omission I really like using Mellel. Could others comment on this?

Many thanks!!
Here we are... :-) This is something many ask for and it was not implemented yet not because it is very difficult (it isn't really) but simply because there were things ahead in line before it. We hope to get to that soon.
Ori Redler from RedleX
Platonist

Post by Platonist »

That's good news indeed, thanks Ori! Keep up the good work on Mellel -- there are many of us budding academics who greatly appreciate your efforts...
fastmiso
Already downloaded the guide

Post by fastmiso »

Ori Redler wrote: We hope to get to that soon.
Great, thanks! This will be fantastic in full-screen mode.
Ori Redler
One of the boys

Post by Ori Redler »

fastmiso wrote:
Ori Redler wrote: We hope to get to that soon.
Great, thanks! This will be fantastic in full-screen mode.
Indeed.
Ori Redler from RedleX
Platonist

Post by Platonist »

Well, I can say that after my initial experiences with Pages 3.0 (the program I use for the two-up view) it will not be doing any heavy lifting in my dissertation. Three crashes in five minutes, including screwing my Finder, that's simply unacceptable. Even if they fix the bugs, it doesn't look as though it has the more advanced features I need whereas Mellel does. Now I am REALLY looking forward to the two-up feature in Mellel!!