Creating an index

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

agse
Got the styles thing figured out

Creating an index

Post by agse »

Hi!

In the document called Creating an Index, the instructions say to 'open the Auto-numbering palette' but I couldn´t locate that palette... can someone please tell where it is located?

Thanks,
André
Roger
Read the guide, knows everything

Re: Creating an index

Post by Roger »

The instructions read: "Open your Auto-numbering palette and press the Edit numbering Flows button. The Edit numbering flows sheet will drop down."

I think you need to change "numbering" for "title," so that it would read: Open your Auto-Title palette and press the Edit Title Flows button (which is the little pencil). The Edit Title flows sheet will drop down.

My guess is that someone mixed up their terms when they wrote this guide, or it may be terminology that was used in previuos versions of Mellel.
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by agse »

Thanks Roger,

My guess was exactly that - it was a mistake or a reference to an outdated version. But is better ask, just in case...
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Mart°n »

As already presumed, Auto-Numbering-Palette was the old name for the same thing. It have been changed in Mellel at some 1.x version but the short guide you’ve used haven't been updated since then.