Find and Replace Font

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

soliphint
Knows everything, can prove it

Find and Replace Font

Post by soliphint »

I have a Greek font in my manuscript that I need to change to SPIonic (even though the font reads as Greek, when highlighted, the Greek word shows Times New Roman as the main font). I am wondering how I might do that globally for the ms. When I highlight the Greek word, the main font show Times New Roman. In order to change it individually, that is, each word, I have to highlight and select SPIonic for the main font.

Is there a way to do this for the entire article?
rpcameron

Re: Find and Replace Font

Post by rpcameron »

From the description of the problem, it sounds as if the Greek component is using a secondary font. Has this been set up? If that is the case, then modifying the secondary font setting of the character style would be the way to go, most likely.
— Robert Cameron
soliphint

Post by soliphint »

The doc was created with one Style Set; to submit for publication, I had to change font, font size, paragraph spacing, etc. So, I created a Style Set that would incorporate those attributes, along with a Secondary font of SPIonic for the Greek. When I applied the Style Set, the Greek words seem all to remain in Times New Roman, which is my main font. When I highlight them, the Main font remains Times New Roman.

I am wondering if there is a way to change all of the Greek words, which are in TNR, as is the main text of the doc, from TNR to SPIonic, without having to change each of them individually (which, as far as I can tell, means highlighting each word, selecting the TNR font in the Main font palette, scrolling to SPIonic and applying it, each and every time - quite time-consuming).
rpcameron

Post by rpcameron »

soliphint wrote:The doc was created with one Style Set; to submit for publication, I had to change font, font size, paragraph spacing, etc. So, I created a Style Set that would incorporate those attributes, along with a Secondary font of SPIonic for the Greek. When I applied the Style Set, the Greek words seem all to remain in Times New Roman, which is my main font. When I highlight them, the Main font remains Times New Roman.

I am wondering if there is a way to change all of the Greek words, which are in TNR, as is the main text of the doc, from TNR to SPIonic, without having to change each of them individually (which, as far as I can tell, means highlighting each word, selecting the TNR font in the Main font palette, scrolling to SPIonic and applying it, each and every time - quite time-consuming).
One way would be to make SPlonic your main font, and Times New Roman you secondary, giving SPlonic precedence. Another suggestion would be to select a primary font that does not contain Greek characters.

The reason you are having this problem is because the version of TNR you are using contains Greek characters. If your primary font contains the characters needed, then Mellel will not look at your secondary font, because there is no need.
— Robert Cameron
soliphint

Post by soliphint »

That's helpful. Thank you.