New Bibliography Features (bug?)

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

brettc
Got the styles thing figured out

New Bibliography Features (bug?)

Post by brettc »

Hi,

First, thanks for adding better bib support. I'm actually using Mellel to write a paper now it has "unscan".

There appears to be a small bug however. Here is the behaviour I am seeing. I scan the document producing the formatted references and bibliography. I double-click on a reference to edit it. No dialog comes up to edit. But all of the references disappear from the Bibilography Toolbox, and all the buttons grey out. Weird. I can get all of the references back by switching to another application, then back again.

Can you reproduce this (anyone?)

Thanks,
Brett
macsailor
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: New Bibliography Features (bug?)

Post by macsailor »

brettc wrote:Hi,

First, thanks for adding better bib support. I'm actually using Mellel to write a paper now it has "unscan".

There appears to be a small bug however. Here is the behaviour I am seeing. I scan the document producing the formatted references and bibliography. I double-click on a reference to edit it. No dialog comes up to edit. But all of the references disappear from the Bibilography Toolbox, and all the buttons grey out. Weird. I can get all of the references back by switching to another application, then back again.

Can you reproduce this (anyone?)

Thanks,
Brett
Do you use references in the footnotes (Oxford) or within the text (Harvard)?

I tried both and I had no problems whatsoever. When I double-clicked on the reference to edit it, the dialog opened up and I was able to edit it (in both cases). While the dialog was open, the reference disappeared from the Bibliography Toolbox, but as soon as I closed the dialog, the reference appeared again in the toolbox.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
brettc

Post by brettc »

I use in-text citations. And it still isn't working. So we must have something different set up here. Double-clicking does nothing for me. I created a new document with one reference in it. Still not working. Any suggesting on what I could try next? Should I reinstall?

FYI, I have the latest version of both Bookends too...
macsailor
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by macsailor »

I would suggest you to send a bug report to Redlers.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
Taman
Read the guide, knows everything

Post by Taman »

Not sure if this will help, but if your cursor is in the quote, and then you double click on the quote, nothing happens. But if your cursor is in normal text and then you double click on the quote, it takes you into the edit quote dialog.

Best, Taman
brettc

fixed

Post by brettc »

The latest version (2.2.1) appears to have fixed this bug.