Leopard problems with Mellel

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Karyn
Got the styles thing figured out

Leopard problems with Mellel

Post by Karyn »

I've just installed Leopard this weekend. I have had no problems with most of my third party programs, including Bookends and Accordance. However, I can launch Mellel, but cannot open any existing documents or even begin a new document. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Ori Redler
One of the boys

Re: Leopard problems with Mellel

Post by Ori Redler »

Karyn wrote:I've just installed Leopard this weekend. I have had no problems with most of my third party programs, including Bookends and Accordance. However, I can launch Mellel, but cannot open any existing documents or even begin a new document. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
This was a problem with earlier versions of Mellel but should not happen with the latest version.... What version are you using?
Ori Redler from RedleX
Karyn
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Karyn »

Thanks for the quick reply. You are right, I had missed just the last update and once that was loaded, everything was fine. Sorry that I didn't catch that!
loquat149
Read the guide!

Re: Leopard problems with Mellel

Post by loquat149 »

Karyn wrote:I've just installed Leopard this weekend. I have had no problems with most of my third party programs, including Bookends and Accordance. However, I can launch Mellel, but cannot open any existing documents or even begin a new document. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
What version of Bookends works with Leopard?
transalpin
Read the guide!

Post by transalpin »

I am still using Mellel 2.2.1 — as upgrading to v. 2.2.7.1 would not be worth the 49$.

Will my Mellel play nicely with Leopard? If not, can we expect the next mayor update anytime soon?

Is Quick Look supported?
verma
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by verma »

transalpin wrote:I am still using Mellel 2.2.1 — as upgrading to v. 2.2.7.1 would not be worth the 49$.

Will my Mellel play nicely with Leopard? If not, can we expect the next mayor update anytime soon?

Is Quick Look supported?
QuickLook doesn't look into Mellel files.
suavito
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by suavito »

transalpin wrote:I am still using Mellel 2.2.1 — as upgrading to v. 2.2.7.1 would not be worth the 49$.

Is Quick Look supported?
Is your two year free upgrade period just over?

Mellel 2.5 is on the horizon but it is not yet clear how long it will take until our ship reaches it's shore (see the last Mellel newsletter).

QuickLook works, like Spotlight, on a plug-in basis. It's not yet supported but I'm sure it will be.
ppnkg
Read the guide!

Post by ppnkg »

2.5 is way overdue - I certainly hope that it will work with leopard special features when it appears
dstay
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by dstay »

At least a newsletter with an update on the progress would be nice.