newbie question re: mellel and bookends

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

ryangeer
New to all this

newbie question re: mellel and bookends

Post by ryangeer »

on the advice of a helpful forum participant, im re-posting this with an appropriately descriptive title...

ive pretty much decided to go with the mellel/bookends combo but have a question about how they work together. first of all, is there a tutorial on either site (i cant seem to find one) that shows how these two programs integrate? also, using this combination, is it possible to generate footnotes in a particular format (say, turabian) and with the proper style?

please be gentle,
matthias
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: newbie question re: mellel and bookends

Post by matthias »

To start with, I recommend the tutorial that comes with Bookends. Look into the Bookends 10 folder, it should be in there. It focuses on Bookends but you will find instructions as to inserting references in Mellel as well as to formatting a Mellel document. As complementary reading I recommend the respective chapter of the Mellel guide.
I don't use Turabian, but I can see that there is a format for that in Bookends.

Hope this helps,
Matthias
DanZac
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by DanZac »

definitely take time to read the Bookends User Guide.
is it possible to generate footnotes in a particular format (say, turabian) and with the proper style
That's what the Mellel and Bookends combo is all about. Bookends ships with Turabian formats, and the user guide can help you alter them if you need to as well.

Once you get the hang of how it works, you'll be very happy you made the choice.
mbywater
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by mbywater »

The Everything-You-Need-To-Know Guide To How Mellel & Bookends Integrate.

(1) Launch Mellel
(2) Launch Bookends
(3) Tell Mellel that you're using Bookends.
(4) er... that's it.
:)

Seriously, it is. You could use the combo to get on with your work straight out of the box. Of course you'll want to fiddle with formats and every now and then you'll think "But how do I...?" and look it up in the excellent user manuals that come with Bookends and with Mellel. But the basic integration couldn't be simpler.