Spotlight for Leopard

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

kga1978
Read the guide!

Spotlight for Leopard

Post by kga1978 »

Any chance we will see this sometime soon? I really very urgently need this, since I have all my laboratory data stored in Mellel files, and now I can't search inside them.....
DanZac
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Spotlight for Leopard

Post by DanZac »

although the Redlers haven't indicated this as being part of the 2.5 update (the mass-awaited xref release) but I really hope spotlight — and hopefully Quicklook) integration will be part of this update as well. Leopard has been out for a while now, its time for Mellel to adapt - so to speak.
matthias

Post by matthias »

I am planning to upgrade my hardware which implicitly means upgrading to Leopard. An indication as to when we can expect a Leopard compatible spotlight plug-in woud thus be good to have. I have hundreds of Mellel files which I need to search in my daily work.
jesusbristow
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by jesusbristow »

It would be cool to have Quicklook functionality. Tell me Apple's not being dicks about this, shutting developers out or charging them a fee to get in.
Phil82

Post by Phil82 »

It would be cool to have Quicklook functionality. Tell me Apple's not being dicks about this, shutting developers out or charging them a fee to get in.
Why would they?
naramsin
New to all this

Post by naramsin »

Some good news. The 10.5.2 Leopard upgrade seems to have fixed Spotlight. Mellel file contents are searchable. There is no Quick Look though. Can anyone else confirm?

naramsin
ronu
New to all this

Post by ronu »

Yes!!! it semms to work on 10.5.2 (spotlight, not quicklook). Any news from the redlers about the upcoming update?
daiyi

Post by daiyi »

I ran Spotlight Indexer on the App Support/Mellel/Backups folder and still could not get Spotlight to find anything, save for file names that happened to be in Mellel. Am I missing something here?
rjleland
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by rjleland »

This is fabulous.
daiyi

Post by daiyi »

daiyi wrote:I ran Spotlight Indexer on the App Support/Mellel/Backups folder and still could not get Spotlight to find anything, save for file names that happened to be in Mellel. Am I missing something here?
Working now for me, too!
Last edited by daiyi on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ebenhero
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by ebenhero »

I hadn't re-installed the Spotlight plugin after upgrading to Leopard (since I knew it didn't work). When I try to install it now I get an error message: "The following install step failed: run postinstall script for Mellel Spotlight Support. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Any suggestion as to how I might install it?
kga1978
Read the guide!

Post by kga1978 »

I got the same error, but I think the plugin is installed anyway. If not then use pacifist to install it (that's what I did):

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12743

Kinda weird that spotlight is all of a sudden working again - nice though!
mbywater

Post by mbywater »

On my setup, Spotlight will (apparently) only index files which have been opened. Attempts to re-install the Mellel Spotlight plugin get an error in processing the postinstall script. Result: my Mellel files are still invisible. A major inconvenience.

A word from the brothers as to what the problem might be would be nice.
DdB
New to all this

Post by DdB »

mbywater wrote:On my setup, Spotlight will (apparently) only index files which have been opened. Attempts to re-install the Mellel Spotlight plugin get an error in processing the postinstall script. Result: my Mellel files are still invisible. A major inconvenience.

A word from the brothers as to what the problem might be would be nice.
Does entering the following in your Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal) help?

/usr/bin/mdimport -r /Library/Spotlight/Mellel.mdimporter
mbywater

Post by mbywater »

DdB wrote: Does entering the following in your Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal) help?

/usr/bin/mdimport -r /Library/Spotlight/Mellel.mdimporter
D'oh.

Yes. Thank you very much. [SLAPS FOREHEAD, GRUNTS]

But I'm still complaining about QuickLook and CoverFlow, d'you hear me? STILL COMPLAINING. :evil: