Indentation question

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

moineau
Already downloaded the guide

Indentation question

Post by moineau »

Hi again,

I'd like my first paragraph after the title to be without an indentation, and the next ones with an indentation. Is there a possibility to do that ? Thanks in advance.
verma
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Indentation question

Post by verma »

No problem with Mellel. You just have to define such a paragraph style, and select that one in the autotitle edit pane of the title-level that precedes it. Upon applying your title-style and hitting enter, the paragraph style you want (the indented one) will be automatically selected for the paragraph just below the desidered title level. You can then select the normal paragraph style for the "following paragraph" in the indented paragraph style that follows your title. In that way, you can set-up rather automatically that your title will be followed by an indented paragraph first, while the following ones will be completely regular (i.e. non-indented in your case).

I agree, it takes a bit of time to get used to tweaking everything everywhere. But the benefits...
moineau
Already downloaded the guide

Post by moineau »

Thanks Verma, in fact i just discovered it myself, i think i'm beginning to get the logic of Mellel !
bluesdance
Knows everything, can prove it
Location: NYC [school], rural north of Toronto [summer], Pittsburgh [otherwise]

Post by bluesdance »

Just as a side point, this is the same functionality as in Pages, Word, and most other word processors that have paragraph styles. They usually have "next paragraph is such-and-such a paragraph style" settings
Mellelers for Undo Reform