Borders around text & paragraphs

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

brookhaven
New to all this

Borders around text & paragraphs

Post by brookhaven »

Greetings,

I'm in the process of moving from my old trusted platform (RiscOS) to the Mac. Mellel has a lot of similarities with my current word processor (Techwriter, which was developed from the old MacAuthor).

However, I am struggling with some of the basics:
I am trying to set a border around some text paragraphs, so I thought a single cell table was a simple way to do this.
However, this seems a lot of work just for a simple border.

Is there any other way of creating a border around some text or even around an auto title?
(I have searched manual and the forum but seem to have missed the relevant entry)

Thanks
verma
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Borders around text & paragraphs

Post by verma »

brookhaven wrote:Greetings,

I'm in the process of moving from my old trusted platform (RiscOS) to the Mac. Mellel has a lot of similarities with my current word processor (Techwriter, which was developed from the old MacAuthor).

However, I am struggling with some of the basics:
I am trying to set a border around some text paragraphs, so I thought a single cell table was a simple way to do this.
However, this seems a lot of work just for a simple border.

Is there any other way of creating a border around some text or even around an auto title?
(I have searched manual and the forum but seem to have missed the relevant entry)

Thanks
If I'm correct in interpreting your wish as drawing a vertical/horizontal line to the left/right of or above/under your paragraph, then I fear the table-option you already found is the only one available right now in Mellel.
brookhaven
New to all this

Re: Borders around text & paragraphs

Post by brookhaven »

If I'm correct in interpreting your wish as drawing a vertical/horizontal line to the left/right of or above/under your paragraph, then I fear the table-option you already found is the only one available right now in Mellel.
OK - thanks - I thought that was probably the case.

Perhaps this could be added to the 'to do' list?