Can't save document as pdf

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Julian182
Got the styles thing figured out

Can't save document as pdf

Post by Julian182 »

Hello folks,

I just tried to save my document as a pdf via the print menu, but it always says "Print - Failure with printing" while the "Prepare to print" window is in the background.

Indeed I don't have printer connected at them moment, as I am in the university, but that shouldn't be the problem as I am pretty sure that it has always worked before (Mellel 2.5?)

EDIT: I've just tried it out with Word and it worked there
EDIT 2: Oh it doesn't really work with Word as I got a blank page as pdf and it doesn't work with Pages, so I have a problem.
So long,
Julian

PS: Running Mac OS X 10.4.11 and Mellel 2.5
verma
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Can't save document as pdf

Post by verma »

Julian182 wrote:Hello folks,

I just tried to save my document as a pdf via the print menu, but it always says "Print - Failure with printing" while the "Prepare to print" window is in the background.

Indeed I don't have printer connected at them moment, as I am in the university, but that shouldn't be the problem as I am pretty sure that it has always worked before (Mellel 2.5?)

EDIT: I've just tried it out with Word and it worked there
EDIT 2: Oh it doesn't really work with Word as I got a blank page as pdf and it doesn't work with Pages, so I have a problem.
So long,
Julian

PS: Running Mac OS X 10.4.11 and Mellel 2.5

Even if you're not connected to a printer, do you have a printer in the printer selection dropdown menu? Can you do a preview instead of print?
Julian182
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Julian182 »

Yes I had all the printers in the dropdown menu. I didn't try preview. But the preview function at Word didn't work though.

But now, back at home, it works again. I think it was somehow the fault of the w-lan of the university (with which I was connected through VPN). Even though I didn't try to shut it off back then.

PS: I have a printer installed via bonjour (apple aiport express)
verma
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by verma »

Julian182 wrote:Yes I had all the printers in the dropdown menu. I didn't try preview. But the preview function at Word didn't work though.

But now, back at home, it works again. I think it was somehow the fault of the w-lan of the university (with which I was connected through VPN). Even though I didn't try to shut it off back then.

PS: I have a printer installed via bonjour (apple aiport express)
If it's a connection problem, you could consider running a CUPS PDF printer service that requires no connection and "print to PDF" using CUPS.
More info at http://www.codepoetry.net/projects/cups-pdf-for-mosx

or

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php? ... 2812233971