quicklook

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

DanZac
Knows everything, can prove it

quicklook

Post by DanZac »

I recall reading on the forum here that after the long-awaited xref release there would be a relatively quick release on its heels that would finally bring quicklook integration. Is this something we can expect soon?
jb
Read the guide, knows everything

Re: quicklook

Post by jb »

I’ve really enjoyed reading the posts of feimotion339, chongzivalve08089, Lihualee, and yuqingeng2005 this past week. But it seems that perhaps all of the light these posts bring to matters of concern to all Mellel users has caused some less urgent matters to remain in the dark.

I recognize that the question of Quicklook support is of interest to no more than one or two people here and its significance pales in comparison to that of steel gate shutoff valves, but probably all can agree that even minor matters shouldn’t be ignored. Or at the very least DanZac should know that he is not alone in wondering about this. (Did someone say ‘Action speaks louder than words’?)
dstay
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by dstay »

But... but.... steel gate shutoff valves!!!! *lower lip starts quivering, eyes are watering*
petrus

Post by petrus »

At least, it would be good to have a bug-fix release. Since the release of 2.5 a few minor bugs have been uncovered. It would be very gratifying to have a bug-fix release as soon as possible. Even though none of the bugs are show-stoppers, it is good to know that everything is working correctly.
nicka

Post by nicka »

I agree with this:
it would be good to have a bug-fix release.
I can't agree with this, though:
none of the bugs are show-stoppers
I think that the bugs in the export of cross-reference text to rtf are pretty awful. Who wants to distribute a file where some of the text is inexplicably replaced with question marks? It's not that I expect the cross-references to be translated to rtf as cross-references: given that Mellel's cross-reference system is so much more versatile than Word's that seems impossible. But the actual text should be preserved, surely. It's not acceptable for "see chapter 3" to turn into "see chapter ?" with no warning.
gpolberd

Post by gpolberd »

DanZac wrote:I recall reading on the forum here that after the long-awaited xref release there would be a relatively quick release on its heels that would finally bring quicklook integration. Is this something we can expect soon?
DanZac,

Though I hesitate to report this, at this point, I think it's safe to say that Quicklook will be arriving relatively soon. (Now that I've said that, people will be impatient.) Just so you know that things are moving along.
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

nicka wrote: I think that the bugs in the export of cross-reference text to rtf are pretty awful. Who wants to distribute a file where some of the text is inexplicably replaced with question marks? It's not that I expect the cross-references to be translated to rtf as cross-references: given that Mellel's cross-reference system is so much more versatile than Word's that seems impossible. But the actual text should be preserved, surely. It's not acceptable for "see chapter 3" to turn into "see chapter ?" with no warning.
Agree on this one. Even if I seldom export my documents to rtf, I occasionally have to share my documents and (sadly) the people I share them with, do not want to have the document as a pdf, but instead as a rtf file, especially if they want to be able to comment my text within the document.
Last edited by macsailor on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
DylanMuir

Post by DylanMuir »

nicka wrote: I think that the bugs in the export of cross-reference text to rtf are pretty awful. Who wants to distribute a file where some of the text is inexplicably replaced with question marks? It's not that I expect the cross-references to be translated to rtf as cross-references: given that Mellel's cross-reference system is so much more versatile than Word's that seems impossible. But the actual text should be preserved, surely. It's not acceptable for "see chapter 3" to turn into "see chapter ?" with no warning.
I agree with this 100%. Cross-refs are broken for export, which means their implementation is incomplete, as far as I'm concerned.

DRM
Last edited by DylanMuir on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanZac

Post by DanZac »

gpolberd wrote:
DanZac wrote:I recall reading on the forum here that after the long-awaited xref release there would be a relatively quick release on its heels that would finally bring quicklook integration. Is this something we can expect soon?
DanZac,

Though I hesitate to report this, at this point, I think it's safe to say that Quicklook will be arriving relatively soon. (Now that I've said that, people will be impatient.) Just so you know that things are moving along.
Good to hear. I was getting a little concerned. We all waited eerily long for the xref release. Once that came, the Redlers indicated there would be a release relatively soon after. I'm just hoping the "relatively soon" is on a normal timescale :-)
Ori Redler
One of the boys

Post by Ori Redler »

QuickLook is already implemented in Mellel. And quite nicely -- it's more of a PDF-like view than a text view.
Ori Redler from RedleX
Ori Redler
One of the boys

Post by Ori Redler »

Ori Redler wrote:
QuickLook is already implemented in Mellel. And quite nicely -- it's more of a PDF-like view than a text view.
OOPS -- I meant to say -- implemented in Mellel 2.5.5.
Ori Redler from RedleX
Danoz
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by Danoz »

Ori Redler wrote:OOPS -- I meant to say -- implemented in Mellel 2.5.5.
Fantastic!! Any idea about a release date?
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

And what about LinkBack? Is this feature implemented in 2.5.5 as well? And is the broken cross-ref export fixed?
petrus

Post by petrus »

And the other bug fixes.
DanZac

Post by DanZac »

macsailor wrote:And what about LinkBack? Is this feature implemented in 2.5.5 as well? And is the broken cross-ref export fixed?
Have the Redlers previously indicated they would implement linkback support?

That's great new Ori, I hope to see 2.5.5 soon!