Mellel 2.6 and Sente 5.7.2

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

mike
New to all this

Mellel 2.6 and Sente 5.7.2

Post by mike »

Hi,

Just after the update, (i knew I should have kept the old version handy somewhere) Mellel formats my citations to become (???) when it used to work properly before.

Any simple thing I am missing out? I've tried re-launching both applications, and will soon try rebooting the computer.
petrus
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Mellel 2.6 and Sente 5.7.2

Post by petrus »

This is most likely due to some changes that were made to the latest version of Mellel. The best course of action is to email the Redlers

Support@redlers.com

and the support staff of Sente.
mike
New to all this

Post by mike »

more information: in mellel preferences, bibliography software has been set to Sente.

The bibliography gets formatted fine.

It is just the in-text citations that turn up as ???, not even with the brackets.

I am using the APA 5 referencing style in Sente, but I doubt that is a problem.

I'll probably use Time Machine to roll back my version soon and learn a lesson about not changing what's not obviously broken. :(
Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Post by Eyal Redler »

Just to let you know, we are working on solving the issue with bibliography scans using Sente and we'll issue an update to fix these issue very soon.
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Owner at Mellel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... 2LWB33YBZW
criens
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by criens »

I am having the same problem using Bookends!

Anyone else?
petrus
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by petrus »

The problem has already been fixed with Bookends. Download Bookends again from the Sonny Software website. Even though there is no announcement of a new version, it has been updated.
jda
Already downloaded the guide

Post by jda »

Hi,

Download Bookends 10.4.3 (do it again if you already have it) -- it will work with Mellel 2.6.

Jon
Sonny Software
criens

Post by criens »

jda wrote: Download Bookends 10.4.3 (do it again if you already have it) -- it will work with Mellel 2.6.

Thanks for the info on Bookends.

I would have updated it already, if it weren't a paid update for me (I got Bookends 9 before the cut off date....)

Any chance it will work with the older version?
jda
Already downloaded the guide

Post by jda »

The scan broke (for some formats) because of changes made in Mellel 2.6. Ori has said that an update to fix this will be issued very soon -- it should work with Bookends 9.x as before.

Jon
Sonny Software
Ori Redler
One of the boys

Post by Ori Redler »

jda wrote:The scan broke (for some formats) because of changes made in Mellel 2.6. Ori has said that an update to fix this will be issued very soon -- it should work with Bookends 9.x as before.

Jon
Sonny Software
Indeed. If you have 2.6 and suffer from this problem, downgrade to 2.5 for a few days. If you don't suffer from this problem (e.g., you enjoy getting ??? in your manuscripts), you can keep 2.6 (this was a joke!!!!!!!!!).
Ori Redler from RedleX
loquat149
Read the guide!

Post by loquat149 »

Ori Redler wrote:Indeed. If you have 2.6 and suffer from this problem, downgrade to 2.5 for a few days. If you don't suffer from this problem (e.g., you enjoy getting ??? in your manuscripts), you can keep 2.6 (this was a joke!!!!!!!!!).

Or just re-download and re-install Bookends 10.4.3 and keep 2.6...that fixed it for me.

Dave
badolina

Post by badolina »

The ??? are indeed quite annoying, but this is only half of the problem.
Sente also crushes quite often when I try to add citations to mellel (this problem didn't exist earlier). A quite weird crush too - Sente stops responding, and just displays a white window in the foreground. The weird things are that the window does not disappear even when switching to Finder, and Force Quit does not recognize that Sente is stuck. Not sure whether the problem is on the Sente side or the Mellel side.
PhilinGong

Post by PhilinGong »

I'm using Sente 5.7.3 and get the ???. Hope to see a fix soon as my thesis is just about ready to be combined into one document!!! Please hurry!
shoehn
New to all this

Post by shoehn »

Hi,

it is the same for me. Mellel was always working great with Sente. Can this be fixed soon? I need to finish my paper before the deadline, and it would be a pain to finish it with Word or something alike :evil: !

Regards,

Sebastian
Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Post by Eyal Redler »

Hi Everybody,

This is just to let you know that we plan to issue an update that will fix this problem (among a couple of other problems) in a few days.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Owner at Mellel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... 2LWB33YBZW