Wrong font in inserted auto-title

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

ablaze
Already downloaded the guide

Wrong font in inserted auto-title

Post by ablaze »

Hi there,

I've set up my styles the way I want and inserted an level 1 auto-title in my header. It inserts perfectly right, but the font is not correct. It's displayed in a sans-serif font (Helvetica?) although my styles do only have serif fonts. The paragraph and character styles are set correctly according to Mellel, when I click on the inserted title.

First I thought that it would be a feature that all dynamic content would be displayed in a contrasting font of some kind, but the wrong font also appears on PDFs or when being printed.

I've uploaded a screenshot with the mentioned auto-title here: http://www.box.net/shared/lufdg6gce6

What am I doing wrong?

ablaze
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Wrong font in inserted auto-title

Post by rpcameron »

Have you verified that your Auto-Titles are set up to use the character styles you created? You need to create your character and paragraph styles for your Auto-Titles first, then set up your Auto-Titles to use those styles you newly created. If you fail to do so, they will use the default styles assigned to them, even if you do not have those styles as part of the current Style Set.

It would be nice is Mellel's style/Auto-Title system got a makeover and restructuring to make them a bit more flexible and intuitive, however until that day comes, users must craft their styles and Auto-Titles carefully to ensure that unwanted defaults are not introduced.
— Robert Cameron
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Wrong font in inserted auto-title

Post by ozean »

rpcameron wrote:Have you verified that your Auto-Titles are set up to use the character styles you created? You need to create your character and paragraph styles for your Auto-Titles first, then set up your Auto-Titles to use those styles you newly created.
And the part of the Auto-Titles formatting dialog that is responsible for Auto-Titles headers is called “Mentions”. :)